1. Intro 12 Angry Men Cast List
a. Read, note which three will have impact. Discuss at table
b. Practice Quiz: As a table, match juror to key features
2. View New Vocab. Model how to make sure I have permission to edit.
3. Reminder: Book Group Meetings Tuesday: 10 notes / post-its.
4. If you finish vocab, reading time.
5. Pass out HW Late Passes
- Quiz on 12 Angry Men Jurors!
- Vocabulary due Wednesday by 11:59p
- Read Book Group Book. Meetings tomorrow! Make sure you are prepared to discuss your book. 10 notes / post-its
- Quiz on 12 Angry Men Jurors
- Book Group Meetings. Pass out Meeting Expectations handout
- If time: Write a paragraph about your book.
Vocab Due Wednesday by 11:59p
Read Book Group Book
1. How do you feel about the American jury system? (Write for 3-4 minutes)
-Is the Jury System Fair or Flawed?
-What are the plusses and minuses of the system?
-What is your personal opinion / why?
-Is there a way to improve or change the system?
2. Create a Juror Chart: Features and Predictions
3. 12 Angry Men: Read Act 1 with stage notes.
MAKE UPs: 12 ANGRY MEN QUIZ Thursday or Friday.
Vocab due tonight by 11:59p
Read Book Group Book. Bring Book to class each day!
1. 10 Minutes Reading Time / Quiz Re-Takes
2. Finish Juror Chart as needed
2. Read 12 Angry Men Act 1
Vocab Quiz tomorrow
Read Book Group Book
Maybe: Jury System Article
1. Review Vocab / Vocab Quiz / Quiz Re-takes
2. Silent Reading Time
3. Read 12 Angry Men
Read Book Group Book / add 10 new post-its for next meeting
Maybe: Eyewitness Testimony
1. Eyewitness Testimony & Reliability
a. Pros & Cons? List. Here's a useful Source
2. Do you think boy is guilty or innocent?
3. Read 12 Angry Men Act 2
Finish “Eyewitness Testimony” article (read and annotate)
Maybe: Consider 3 topics with PRO/CONs: Death Penalty, Eyewitness Testimony, Trial by Jury. Choose one, writing TBA.
Monday (25)- Pre-Test with Sub
a. Eyewitness Exercise / Who's the Eyewitness?
c. Read & Annotate Stanford University Law School: Eyewitness Article
d. Eyewitness Testimony & Reliability Article- DiscussIntro Lit Analysis / Book Groups / Start Film
Wednesday 1/2 DAY Film
Thursday Finish Film
Friday Vocab Quiz
Also: Schedule RI (pre-Test)
Read “What I learned from executing two men”
Annotate/Discuss. Label 2 most persuasive parts.
Mystery Chart/ Analysis with Chart